Currently, we are partnering with 24 schools in 22 boroughs. See full list below.
Our aim is to provide young people from the most disadvantaged schools with skills and networks to support new routes into work and university.
We are free to schools which enables us to concentrate on the quality of what we do. We rely on private, corporate and trust support to fund this programme.
Where we work
- Hertswood Academy
- Watford UTC
- The Bushey Academy
- ARK Elvin Academy
- London Academy
- Whitefield School
- King Solomon Academy
- Dormer Wells High School
- Burlington Danes Academy
- Acton High School
- Phoenix Academy
- Chelsea Academy
- Putney Academy
Approximately 500 students per borough currently need more career support
My friends were celebrating their child’s entry to Medical School. As a Headteacher with young people getting A*’s at A’level not getting into Medical School I knew that something had to change
Job: Executive Principal, The London Academy
They are more mature and sensitive - attuned a little more to the qualities and skills required of them in the workplace.
Job: Director of Learning, Evelyn Grace Academy
The placements our students were offered through your programme (...) were life changing. Students retuned with an enhanced perspective about work and themselves ... Thank you.
Job: Principal, Watford UTC
Work experience meant that I got hands on experience in a sector I aim to work in one day. It allowed me to see if it’s for me as well as to build new skills and expand my connections with people from the working world. My biggest goal would be working at the UN one day and helping Africa become a dominant economic force in the world, governed by itself with far less corruption.
Job: Work Placement: Resolution Foundation
Education: ARK Globe Academy
My Bart’s placement helped so much and I’m not sure I would have gotten interviews without it! You can’t get into a dentistry course without experience so I started to worry greatly when no practices were letting me do work experience with them …
Job: Work placement: BART’S Cancer Research
Education: Hertswood Academy
It was an amazing opportunity. I found a placement within an industry that I was interested in and has motivated me to work harder in my A-Levels to secure the grades I need for University. I learned to communicate with vulnerable people and in the end chose to change my career path from research to psychology.
Job: Work Placement: Maggie’s Cancer Care
Education: Chelsea Academy
After going to EE and seeing the different departments I believed that the Digital route was perfect for me as it is very versatile. I've never been keen to go to University as I believe I am more practical and learn efficiently by taking part ... My first task was to get an apprenticeship within the Digital industry, which I have achieved.
Job: Work Placement: EE 2015
Education: Eastbury Community School
If I could delete my memories and do this whole week again, I would be glad to.
Job: WorkExperience: EE 2016
Education: St. Thomas More Catholic School
Freshfields taught me about the culture within a law firm. It helped me discover I want to become a solicitor. I want experience and to get a job in the future and I encourage my peers to do the same.
Job: Work Placement: Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer
Education: Brampton Manor Academy
If your school doesn’t work with Access or you haven’t had a chance to get on one of our work placements yet, there are plenty of other options out there.
Have a look at the list below:
- Access Professions Create a profile and received personalised careers advice, mentoring and work experience opportunities
- Barclays Life Skills Smarten up your CV and find tips and ideas on getting into work
- Brilliant Club Read up on career’s advice on a huge range of industries as well as helpful information on things like paying for university
- Career AcademyUK Get career ready and apply for this structured programme of masterclasses, workplace visits and mentoring
- Career Connect Take a look at careers advice, search for jobs and do a self assessment in order to make an informed career decision
- E4S-Employment 4 students Find part-time or full time work on this website made especially for students and school leavers
- Plotr Play the game and work out which career would suit you best
- Prime Commitment If you’re looking for a career in Law, this site can help you get work experience in firms across the country
- Pure Potential Free university and careers advice
- SEO Scholars Role models, information and training to help you make informed decisions regarding educational progression and career options
- Social Mobility Foundation apply and be matched with a mentor who works in the career you want to join
- Spark & Mettle Apply to their Star Track for a chance at work experience and mentoring
- Student Ladder Information on over 2500 Work Placements, Graduate Schemes & Internship opportunities for 16-24 year old students
- ULCAS everything you need to know about your university application
- ULAS personal statement and CV advice and templates