How to prepare yourself for work experience?
If your school doesn’t work with Access or you haven’t had a chance to get on one of our work placements yet, there are plenty of other options out there.
Other programmes you should look into!
- Access Professions – Create a profile and received personalised careers advice, mentoring and work experience opportunities
- Barclays Life Skills – Smarten up your CV and find tips and ideas on getting into work
- Brilliant Club – Read up on career’s advice on a huge range of industries as well as helpful information on things like paying for university
- The Brokerage Citylink – If you’re looking for a career in business, finance or corporate law, this is a great place to start
- Career AcademyUK – Get career ready and apply for this structured programme of masterclasses, workplace visits and mentoring
- Career Connect – Take a look at careers advice, search for jobs and do a self assessment in order to make an informed career decision
- E4S-Employment 4 students – Find part-time or full time work on this website made especially for students and school leavers
- Plotr – Play the game and work out which career would suit you best
- Prime Commitment – If you’re looking for a career in Law, this site can help you get work experience in firms across the country
- Pure Potential – Free university and careers advice
- SEO Scholars – Role models, information and training to help you make informed decisions regarding educational progression and career options
- Social Mobility Foundation – apply and be matched with a mentor who works in the career you want to join
- Spark & Mettle – Apply to their Star Track for a chance at work experience and mentoring
- Student Ladder -Information on over 2500 Work Placements, Graduate Schemes & Internship opportunities for 16-24 year old students
And don’t forget:
- UCAS – everything you need to know about your university application
- ULAS – personal statement and CV advice and templates